Like most of the other decisions involved with the process of your book, the appropriate distribution of your book will involve answers to several important questions. Some of those questions would be:
- What is the intended goal for this book?
- Who is the target audience?
- Do you already have a good idea as to how to reach them?
- How much time and money do you have to invest in the project?
Not all distribution options are appropriate for every book. A book on great hiking places in the state of Washington, as an example, probably has little market value in Rhode Island.
Once we have a solid understanding of your goals and objectives we can recommend a tailored marketing plan that may include some of the following:
- Website Design and Building: Classic Day/Peanut Butter Publishing can help you create a powerful site that helps sell your book for you. With appropriate registrations on search engines and the use of other web optimization tools, the web can be a tremendous asset to the self-publisher.
- On-Line Book Stores: Sites like Amazon.com and Buy.com can be a great solution for some books but they are not always the best answer for some books. Classic Day/Peanut Butter Publishing does have the resources to get you there, however, if that turns out to be an effective sales tool for you.
- Bookstore Distribution: It may sound like a no-brainer but there can actually be pitfalls to having your book in places like Barnes and Noble or Borders Book Stores. Inclusion in the Ingram database as a “print on demand” title will probably be some part of your overall marketing plan however, and Classic Day/Peanut Butter Publishing can get this done for you. This one program will make your book available to a network of 20,000 retail locations.
- Publicity: We can help you promote your book with professional public relations specialists including placement on Google, Yahoo!, Reuters, and many more.
- Book Signings, Personal Engagements, Radio Programs, Newspaper Ads, Book Clubs, Public Broadcasts, Reviews, and More: There are lots of options. Again, some of these options may not be right for your book and some may simply be cost prohibitive. That is why we are here to help.
As we help tailor a marketing plan for you, we will use our experience to not only help guide your marketing efforts to help you successfully sell your work, but equally important, help you avoid potentially costly mistakes.
- The Foundation
- Graphic Design
- Other Services